Human Resources Manager
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Opportunity for a dynamic Senior HR Generalist with extensive knowledge of HR best practices, benefits administration and recruitment. The HR Manager will work in close collaboration with management to administer benefits and ensure that employees are well informed and have access to resources they need in order to work effectively. Deliver strategic HR expertise to management and educate employees on HR policies and procedures. Ground floor opportunity to develop the HR function for a fast-growing healthcare staffing firm, headquartered in Nassau County, Long Island.
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including onboarding and credentialing of new employees, administering benefits and leave programs, and developing and enforcing company policies and practices.
· Oversees the onboarding and credentialing process / personnel
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Manages the company benefits programs
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
· Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Manages the talent onboarding / credentialing process.
· Establishes and manages relationships with HRIS vendors, as well as benefits administrators and carriers
· Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Maintains a customer-oriented focus toward our employees, and ensures timely responses to inquiries and transactions requested of the HR department
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related business field
· 3+ years of experience in a human resources generalist position
· Background in healthcare or staffing organizations as well as multi-site operations
· Must have knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws.
· The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal communication skills, relationship-building skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently and in team settings.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
Interested candidates please submit a resume to Susan Safran via email; email@example.com or call; 516-261-2366.