Nursing Home Compare has listed six new quality measures for skilled nursing providers. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced the new performance data measures in October. The update includes quality data for assessment-based measures from between Jan.1 and Dec. 31 2019 and claims-based measures from Oct. 2017 and Sept. 30, 2019.
The new six quality measures are :
- Changes in skin integrity post-acute care: pressure ulcer/injury
- Drug regimen review conducted with follow-up for identified issues – PAC SNF QRP
- Application for IRF functional outcome measure: change in self-care (NQF #2663)
- Application for IRF function outcome measure: change in mobility (NQF #2634)
- Application for IRF functional outcome measure: change in discharge self-care score (NQF #2635)
- Application of IRF functional outcome measure: discharge mobility score (NQF #2636).